By Carl Mumpower
1) It’s a slush fund – not a plan. City Council can spend the money as they wish.
2) We will pay as much as 36 million in interest on this bond.
3) Property owners pay for this bond – not tourists or anybody else.
4) Don't be fooled - most of the money is going to neglected maintenance caused by diverting tax dollars to special interest groups.
5) Tellingly, public safety is left out of this spending spree.
6) Special interests and nice over necessary projects dominate expenditures.
7) Individual resident debt will go from $250 in 2015 to $1750.
8) Asheville has a track-record of wasting millions on political boondoggles.
9) The world economy makes the timing of this bond potentially disastrous.
10) This elitist bond makes Asheville even more unaffordable for normal people. Rents will go up, making it even more difficult to find any "affordable housing".
THEY GET A 74 MILLION CREDIT CARD - YOU GET THE BILL! VOTE NO!